Inspired by a recipe from Chowhounds!
If you are a fan of rich, gooey Pecan Pie, the addition of chocolate (And maybe a little bit of Kentucky Bourbon will knock you socks off! Of course, the Bourbon is completely optional, if you'd like to make a non-boozy version - just omit it!
· 1 pods Pappy's Pie Dough Thawed, but still chilled
· 1 cup pecan halves, lightly toasted
· 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
· 3 large eggs plus two large egg yolks, lightly beaten
· 1 cup dark corn syrup
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 2 tablespoons butter, melted
· 2 tablespoons of your preferred Kentucky Bourbon (Optional)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ensure your Pappy's Pie Dough is thawed. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Roll out one pod of Pappy's for the bottom of the 9" pie pan, with enough with to overlap the pan edge by about an inch. Place the dough in the pan.
Trim and crimp the edges to make a neat pie shell.
Scatter pecans and chocolate chips evenly in in the pie crust
In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, bourbon (or not) and vanilla extract.
Pour filling into crust making sure pecans and chips stay evenly distributed. Place in preheated oven and bake about 50-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted between the edge and center of pie comes out clean.
7. Remove pie from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Serve while warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.