This is one of the most simple and versatile recipes for a fruit dessert! Roll a Pappys Pie Dough pod out to about 8″, fill with some sweetened fruit and bake! It’s that simple! This recipe is blueberries coupled with lemon – serve it with some whipped cream or ice cream and you’ll be the favorite person in your home!
A simple tart - roll, fill and bake! Lemony-blueberry filling makes this the perfect spring or summer complement to your dinner table - any night of the week. Alternatively, you could use raspberries, blackberries, or cherries for this recipe. Or apples, peaches or pears!
1 pod Pappy's Pie Dough thawed but still chilled
2 cups fresh blueberries (You could substitute blackberries or raspberries in this recipe)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon Lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk or cream for brushing on crust
1 tsp sugar for sprinkling on crust
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Assemble ingredients.
2. Roll out the pod of Pappy's Pie Dough to about 8-9". Make sure it's not too thin, otherwise you may tear the crust when you fold it over. Place it on the baking sheet and place in refrigerator until the filling is ready.
3. Mix Filling. Add Blueberries, sugar, zest, constarch to bowl and mix. Add lemon juice and mix until berries are well coated.
4. Remove crust from refrigerator and pour filling into center of crust. Leave at least an inch of crust exposed on the edge.
5. Fold over crust, forming a pleat as you go along. Be careful not to stretch the dough too far or it may create a tear that the juice flows out of when baking. (we may have learned this from experience!)
6. Brush the crust with milk or cream and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Tart is done when the crust reaches a golden brown. Let cool on rack before removing to serving plate.