Updated: Apr 2, 2019
Recipe from Savory Sweet Life
*The pie can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator covered.
1 15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pod Pappy’s Pie Crust Dough thawed, still chilled
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Set a rimmed baking sheet on the center rack in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Ensure your Pappy’s Pie Dough Crusts are thawed but still chilled. Roll out on floured surface to about 12” in diameter and ¼” thick. Fold and place in deep dish 9" Pie Pan. Trim excess crust and form flute or crimp to form decorative edge.
3. In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until well combined. Add eggs, evaporated milk, and heavy cream.
4. Mix everything until completely smooth (about 3 minutes in my KitchenAid mixer on medium speed).
5. Pour pie filling into an unbaked deep dish pie shell.
6. Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
7. Bake for an additional 50-55 minutes until the center of the pie does not jiggle (loosely).
8. Whipped Cream: Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until medium peaks form. Serve immediately.